Top Yorkshire Covers Band - REAL PUB ENTERTAINMENT!!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

,
PAULS FIVE
.
following on from little sexy revealing the toons that float his boat we have the powerhouse sticksman of the erics showing and telling his current faves
.
ok dudes
.
in no order -

.
Thunder road - Bruce Springsteen
.
Inspiring lyric- full of hope - for me this song suggests that despite everything there night be something for us all at the heart of the american dream. Simply brilliant songwriting. Come to an Erics gig and me and sam will sing the whole song for you
(while bsd and lsd pack up!)
,
,
Dignity - Deacon Blue
. great bass groove - meaningful lyric - I have sungalong to the first verse at so many DB shows and nearly cried everytime
.
.
Yesterday - The beatles
. well Paul Mcartney - I know its all been said but my mum introduced me to this song in the late 60's and it never fails to move me -its the 'why she had to go.....' bit that knocks me back
.
.
Please Sir - Martyn Joseph
. In truth it could be anyone of five or six mj songs -but this sums his songwriting up -power and passion but subtle in the way he makes a really important point using everyday observations. If you never see Mj live you have missed out!
.
.
Wont Get Fooled again - The Who
. Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont usually boast about The Erics...........but.........our version of this classic is the best I've heard. Come to think of it, its the only one I've heard!
.
more to come + tell us yours
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com